News & Announcements
- Our congregation gave a total of $800 to the Philippines Advance. There was an amazing overall response, contributions were over $6.5 Million to 880 projects - The General Board of Global Ministries matched the first $500,000.
- Christmas Gifts for Ministry - One of the ways God is moving among us is to close the gap between our year-to-date expenses and offerings for the general ministries of Epworth UMC. At the end of November that gap is a little more than $25,000. This is not where we need to be! As a way of helping with what God is doing this season, how about making a special Christmas gift for ministry? For example, take the money you might spend on a gift for someone who has everything anyway, and use it instead as a special offering for Epworth’s General Ministry that helps build the Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. God in Christ always multiplies offerings. He did it before with five loaves and two fish and fed multitudes. How might God multiply YOUR special offering this Christmas to change the world by changing lives?
- We Need Your Help!!! We are part of 200+ UM churches across Indiana participating in the Fruitful Congregations Journey. For over a year members from Epworth have studied with other laity from across our district about church renewal, revitalization and ministry for the 21st century. We are currently scheduled for a consultation weekend, Feb. 21-23, 2014 where we host a team of advisors helping us identify needed changes in how we do ministry going forward. Details will be forthcoming as we get closer to February! For now, we need your help in preparing for our Consultation Weekend by answering a brief 30 question survey. We need at least 100 individual responders by the middle of January in order to have enough time for our team to prepare adequately. If you’re a youth who has been confirmed or a member of the Greatest Generation, your input is needed! Sooooo, please go to www.surveymonkey.com/s/FCJStep2Fall13 and answer all 30 questions. If there is something you’re not sure about or don’t know, just indicate that as your response, Don’t leave any question without answering something. If you don’t have access to a computer, hard copies of the survey are available in the office. Just drop by, fill one out and we’ll enter the data for you. All responses are confidential. A summary report will be given to Pastor Bill as part of our Consultation Weekend and he’ll share the results in the days afterwards. Thanks for your investment of time and your willingness to help make this FCJ process productive in a way that ultimately glorifies God!
- GreenFaith recently announced that Jodi Perras of Epworth UMC has been accepted into the Fellowship Class of 2014. Congratulations to Jodi! Read More
- Epworth Christkindlmarkt (Kris-kin-dill-mart) is an enchanting family market in the tradition of markets held throughout Germany during the Christmas season. We hope the gift of sharing your talents and creativity will enrich the meaning of Christmas for you and others. To sign up for booth space please click here. If you have questions, please contact Lucinda Lautz, Coordinator at 317-730-4567, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call church office, 317-251-1481. Flyer: Click Here.
- Support Epworth this holiday season by shopping at AMAZON.com — learn more and follow our link to support Epworth.
Servant Leaders Beginning 2014
Our newest Servant Leaders begin to serve January 2014. Remember to pray for them, their ministry among us, their collaboration with their other committee members and the ways God will work through them!
Chair: Jody Harland
At-Large: Mallory Owens, Susan Smallwood
Recording Secretary: Cathy Alley
Chair: Scott Hughes
Jenny Towner, Jeff Karnes
Larry Whitham, Ken Adkins
Rick Schaefer, Nancy Owens, Bob Andres, Diane Francis, Becky O’Brien